[phenixbb] Phenix.refine question

lbetts0508 laurie.betts0508 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 11:52:18 PDT 2022

I am refining a small protein crystal model with 1.3 A data, there is a
Tyrosine that won't stay put where it looks to me it should go (see below
in it's original position, in the negative density; I moved the ring into
the positive Fo-Fc density).  After I move it into the positive density,
save the coordinates, and do another refinement with the new coordinates, I
find it right back in the negative density, even if I only refine ADP or
OCC.  Is there some trivial reason this is happening, or can I tell it to
not refine that residue?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RkZSH312q2Pimxb9gKLjibm1XbpsVpyzmrX4wGxrNDg/edit?usp=sharing

THanks

Laurie Betts