[phenixbb] Job Advert: Drug Discovery Project Research Scientist position, Francis Crick Institute, London, UK.

David Briggs david.briggs at crick.ac.uk
Tue Aug 1 07:32:33 PDT 2023

Dear all,

We have a position available at the Francis Crick Institute - please share with any soon-to-finish PhD students and postdocs who might be interested:

We seek a talented, highly motivated and independent post-doctoral project research scientist to work on a project to design protein kinase C beta selective inhibitors for B cell malignancies. Work will be carried out in Neil McDonald's laboratory at the Francis Crick Institute, in collaboration with clinician-scientist Ingo Ringshausen at the University of Cambridge, and is funded by a Cancer Research Horizon Therapeutic Catalyst Award.

The project will be funded for 18 months in the first instance, with the potential for extension depending on progress.

The project will build upon prior work within our laboratory to characterise and develop new, selective kinase inhibitors. The work will involve both optimisation of existing inhibitors, and the parallel discovery of novel inhibitors using an XChem Fragment screening approach at Diamond Light Source.

The Francis Crick Institute is situated in central London, and is the largest single-site biomedical research institute in Europe, with excellent provision for X-ray crystallography and medicinal chemistry to allow rapid characterisation and follow-up of any lead compounds.

Prior experience with baculovirus protein expression and X-ray crystallography would be advantageous.

Informal enquiries can be made to Professor Neil McDonald (neil.mcdonald at crick.ac.uk).
Application Deadline: 1st Sept 2023.

For more details about the role and the application process, please see:

https://crick.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/London/Postdoctoral-Project-Research-Scientist---Signalling-and-Structural-Laboratory_R1245-1

--

Dr David C. Briggs CSci MRSB (he/him)

Principal Laboratory Research Scientist

Signalling and Structural Biology Lab

The Francis Crick Institute

London, UK

Working hours: Mon-Fri 0900-1700

==

about.me/david_briggs<https://about.me/david_briggs> | OrcID<https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9793-7339> | Google Scholar <https://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=DRKG5KwAAAAJ>

The Francis Crick Institute Limited is a registered charity in England and Wales no. 1140062 and a company registered in England and Wales no. 06885462, with its registered office at 1 Midland Road London NW1 1AT