[phenixbb] generating half maps for combined map using phenix.combine_focused_maps

Tom Terwilliger tterwilliger at newmexicoconsortium.org
Mon May 15 05:31:15 PDT 2023

Hi Manoj,

If you would like to get half-maps produced for combine_focused_maps, then
yes, you want to supply half-maps for each focused map.

The way it works is that the "full" maps (one for the reference map and one
for each focused map) are used to determine the weighting on each map or
region with each map.

Then these weights are applied to the full maps to create the composite
map.  The same weights are then applied to the corresponding half maps to
create a pair of composite half-maps.

Let me know if that does not answer the question!
All the best,
Tom T

--
Thomas C Terwilliger
Laboratory Fellow, Los Alamos National Laboratory
Email: tterwilliger at newmexicoconsortium.org
Tel: 505-431-0010