[phenixbb] refinement of an ensemble of structures -> cryoEM variability

vincent Chaptal vincent.chaptal at ibcp.fr
Tue Jan 11 01:48:47 PST 2022

Hi Phenix-ers,

I thought to ask for something that I believe you have already
implemented, but I'm not sure of the best tool to use.

I have a cryoEM map where I refine my "high resolution" structure. I
also have the 3D variability of this map that shows several maps varying
around the consensus high-res map. I want to refine an ensemble (20) of
structures, one for every 20 maps around the consensus map.
Is there a tool in phenix to do this?

I could refine individually the high-res structure into each map
incrementally; since every map differs a little from the original one,
Real-space-refinement could move the structure a little at a time. Then
I could combine all the PDBs in an ensemble?
A tool to refine variability would be very useful. Input could be a PDB
and an ensemble of maps, and output would be all the PDBs combined?

Thank you.

All the best
Vincent

--

Vincent Chaptal, PhD

Director of GdR APPICOM

Drug Resistance and Membrane Proteins Lab

MMSB -UMR5086

7 passage du Vercors

69007 LYON

FRANCE